Warmer days are ahead in May which means more swimming pools will be opened for the summer months. May is also National Water Safety Month, so we would like to give you a friendly reminder that the number 1 cause of unintentional death in children ages 1-4 in the USA is drowning in a backyard swimming pool. With that being said, we would like to share some important swimming pool safety reminders for the 2019 pool season, and each new season to come.
- Know the rules of the pool
- Never swim alone
- Always be in arms length of your children while swimming
- Always lock the pool gate
- Install a gate, door, pool alarm and/or automatic swimming pool cover
- Never turn your back or leave the pool area while children are swimming
We have some great resources to keep your family safe while swimming this summer.